Work of Member Agencies
The external debt statistics activities of international agencies in the area of external debt are presented in the following document International Agencies Contribution to Debt Statistics. These activities are presented in four sections and will be updated annually, if needed:
Data management systems section provides the main functionalities and technological features of the Commonwealth Secretariat (ComSec)’s Debt Management Solutions and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) Data Management and Financial Analysis System (DMFAS).
- Data availability section presents selected data on external debt that are disseminated through online databases by international organizations on economies’ financial stocks outstanding.
- Data quality section describes some guidelines for the provision to the public of comprehensive, timely, accessible, and reliable economic and financial statistics such as the IMF Data Quality Assessment Framework (DQAF) for external and public sector debt statistics and Debt Management Performance Assessment (DeMPA), and
- Capacity building section presents the collaborative efforts in the field of training and capacity building to foster the implementation of, and adherence to, international statistical standards for the compilation and dissemination of external debt statistics.
The international agencies are the current members of the TFFS: the BIS; ComSec; European Central Bank (ECB); Eurostat; IMF; Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD); Paris Club Secretariat; UNCTAD; and World Bank.
This document has been prepared by the IMF with information supplied or confirmed by the TFFS member agencies.
Training and Capacity Building
- IMF Training
- EDS Courses
- 2014: EDS course at the IMF-Middle East Center for Economics and Finance (CEF) in Kuwait (September 7-18, 2014)
- 2014: EDS course at the Joint Regional Training Center for Latin-American (BTC - October 6-17, 2014)
- PSDS Courses
- 2014: Public Sector Debt Statistics Workshop for Asian Pacific Countries under the Japan Administered Account for Selected IMF Activities (JSA), in Thailand (November 3 – 7, 2014)
- 2014: GFS and PSDS Workshop for Cambodia under JSA in Cambodia (August 4 – 8, 2014)
- 2014: GFS and PSDS Workshop for Asian Pacific Countries under JSA in Fiji (July 21 – 30, 2014)
- 2014: GFS and PSDS Workshop for Asian Pacific Countries under JSA in Vanuatu (July 9 – 16. 2014)
- 2014: GFS and PSDS Workshop for Philippines under JSA in the Philippines (December 1 – 5, 2014)
- 2014: GFS and PSDS Workshop for Macroeconomic and Financial Management Institute of Eastern and Southern Africa (MEFMI) countries in Malawi (December 1 – 5, 2014)
- 2014: GFS and PSDS Workshop for Asian Pacific Countries under JSA in Palau (November 5 – 13, 2014)